Mumbai | Undercover Editor News Agency | November 14, 2025.
A 19-year-old BCom student from Malad has alleged a horrifying series of abuses at the hands of a local transgender gang, including abduction, torture, blackmail, extortion and being forcibly subjected to gender reassignment surgery in Surat. Malwani police have registered a case under multiple serious charges and arrested four accused individuals, while the investigation continues.
According to police, the teen—who lives in Appapada, Kurar village—first came into contact with the accused about a year and a half ago. He befriended a transgender individual named Kaveri (alias Kartik Vedamani Nikam), through whom he met Neha Khan (alias Neha Ipte), believed to be leading a transgender group operating in the Malwani area.
Blackmail & Threats After Assault
The FIR states that on August 5, the student was invited to Neha’s house. Upon arrival, he alleged that Neha, Kaveri, Bhaskar Shetty, and Mahi pressured him to undergo gender transition. When he refused, he was allegedly confined in a room, assaulted, and forced into performing obscene acts while being filmed.
The teen claimed the videos were then used to extort money. Out of fear, his mother transferred ₹10,000 to the accused. Over the following weeks, the suspects allegedly continued demanding more money and subjected him to humiliation and violence. He reported being beaten, forced to wear a saree, and made to beg in public.
Forced Surgery in Surat
In a deeply disturbing allegation, the student told police that on October 28, Neha, her husband Sohail Khan, their adopted son Bhaskar, and others transported him to a hospital near Surat’s Ripple Mall. There, he was allegedly coerced into signing documents before undergoing non-consensual gender reassignment surgery.
After returning to Mumbai, his ordeal reportedly continued. He claimed Neha poured hot water on his operated area, forced him to do household chores, and demanded ₹4.5 lakh to “free” him.
Escape, Re-Abduction & Police Action
The teenager managed to escape on November 4, but was allegedly abducted again shortly afterwards. A vigilant local resident intervened, allowing him to get away safely. He then approached Kurar police station, where a zero FIR was registered and later transferred to Malwani police, who have jurisdiction over the alleged crime location.
“Based on the victim’s detailed statement, we have registered a case under sections related to criminal conspiracy, kidnapping, sexual assault, extortion, and forced medical mutilation. Four accused have been arrested so far,” a Malwani police officer confirmed.
Police said more arrests are likely as the investigation progresses.
From BMC updates, local area developments, railway station news, and crime reports to the latest in politics, sports, Bollywood, lifestyle, travel, and education, we bring you news that’s relevant, reliable, and real-time
Undercover Editor © 2025 – Designed by iCreato