Mumbai: Actor and film critic Kamaal Rashid Khan, popularly known as KRK, has been sent to judicial custody after a Mumbai court denied him bail in connection with the Oshiwara firing case.
After the completion of his police remand, KRK was produced before the Andheri Metropolitan Magistrate’s Court on Tuesday. The court ordered that he be sent to judicial custody as investigations in the case continue. The next date of hearing is expected to be announced shortly.
Produced Before Andheri Court
KRK was earlier arrested by Mumbai Police following questioning related to a firing incident reported from the Oshiwara area. Police officials stated that the actor admitted the firing involved his licensed firearm, following which he was taken into custody. A Bandra court had earlier granted police custody until January 27.
Upon completion of the remand period, KRK was presented before the Andheri court, which remanded him to judicial custody.
Details of the Oshiwara Firing Incident
The incident took place at a residential building in Oshiwara, where reports of gunfire prompted residents to alert the police. Law enforcement teams reached the spot immediately and launched an investigation.
Police examined CCTV footage from nearby locations and recorded statements from witnesses present in the area at the time of the incident. Officials said the investigation is ongoing to establish the sequence of events and determine accountability.
Defence Denies Allegations
KRK’s legal counsel, advocate Nagesh Mishra, denied all allegations levelled against his client. Addressing the court, he stated that the case was fabricated and that KRK had been falsely implicated.
“The police claim that a bullet was fired from my client’s gun. This is incorrect,” Mishra said. He further argued that the effective firing range of the weapon does not match the distance cited by the prosecution. The advocate also alleged external pressure behind the case and maintained that KRK had no involvement in the firing incident.
Investigation Continues
Police officials have confirmed that the firearm has been seized and forensic examination is underway. Authorities say further action will depend on the outcome of the investigation and expert reports.
No injuries were reported in the incident. The case remains under investigation, and officials have stated that all legal procedures are being followed.
From BMC updates, local area developments, railway station news, and crime reports to the latest in politics, sports, Bollywood, lifestyle, travel, and education, we bring you news that’s relevant, reliable, and real-time
Undercover Editor © 2025 – Designed by iCreato